Operations Program Management Intern
JOIN THE TEAM THAT'S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we're driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, IN for an Operations Program Management Intern.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
The Program Management Intern proactively supports, consults with, or coordinates multiple efforts and teams. This person will be involved in the review of project work scope, budget estimates, and manpower requirements. In addition, the intern will be involved in the coordination of critical, multisectional projects involving customers, vendors, and consultants. This person keeps management informed of project accomplishments and major problem areas as well as budget and schedule status.
This position will be part time (15-20 hours per week) during the fall and spring semesters, and full time (40 hours per week) during the summer.
- Supports the preparation of Master Timing Schedules based on in-flight programs
- Supports Gate Review packages and ensures all telecommunications are in place for Operations group
- Follows up on Master Timing Schedule tasks that are due or past due
- Processes and tracks program alerts for Corporate-led programs (Recovery Plans)
- Tracks action items from Program Launch team meetings for Corporate-led programs
- Maintains the Meeting Calendar for Gate Reviews, Program Reviews, and Executive Reviews
- Supports group with scheduling meetings, preparing weekly Global Program Management Updates, preparing quarterly launch and board reports
- Assists in the preparation and tracking of departmental checkbook and budget performance
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Management preferred
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft office and relational database experience preferred
- Self-motivated and self-driven
- Strong analytical skills
1. Microsoft project experience (functional)
2. Computer skills (functional)
3. Analytical skills (functional)
4. Presentation skills (basic)
5. Engineering/Manufacturing (functional)
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-242-5000.
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status or any other protected class.